There was so much involved in making Austin's cake that it has to be its own post. It took a while to do but he enjoyed it!
- 2 Boxes Cake Mix (Any flavor, just two different colors for the blocks)
- 1 Package Blue Jello
- 1 Package Red Jello
- 1 Container White Icing
- 1 Package Sweetened Coconut
- Few Drops Green Food Coloring
- Prepare both Jello packages according to the directions and refrigerate.
- Prepare both cake mixes according to the directions in two square pans each.
- While the cakes are baking, mix a couple of drops of green food coloring in with the coconut until well coated. Add additional drops if you want the grass to be darker.
- To the coconut mixture add the icing and mix until well coated. Set aside.
- After the cakes have cooled, place one upside down on a cutting board. Set a ruler next to the cake and eyeball cuts every 2 inches. Set the smaller pieces to the side.
- Repeat step 5 for the other 3 pans.
- Line a cookie sheet (not flat but one that's at least 1/2 inch deep) with aluminum foil.
- Stack the 2 inch pieces of cake in a pattern of your choosing on the cookie sheet, alternating or randomly placing the two different cakes. Leave empty spaces for the jello.
- Spread the icing mixture on the topmost layer, dripping some down the sides.
- By this time the Jello should be gelled (is that even a word?) enough. Scoop out each Jello and place it in the spaces you left.
- Add candles or any other decorations.
I ate the little leftover pieces plain ;)