Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March Challenge - Tasty Tuesday #10

Someone had mentioned they didn't like meal replacement shakes like Shakeology because you had to mix other things with it.  There are some people that do enjoy drinking them without the additional flavors.  I could maybe do that once a week but not every day.  I have to have the variety to avoid boredom.
 
This week I experimented on my own a little bit, mixing the Shakeology with Weight Watchers' smoothie mixes.  Everything had a good taste except the Chocolate Covered Strawberries.  There just wasn't enough flavor in it.  I strained to finish drinking the shake that day!
 


 
1 Scoop Shakeology
1 Packet Weight Watchers' Mint Cookies & Cream Smoothie
1 Cup Water
Ice
 
This one wasn't too bad.  I just prefer this minty goodness warm (using chocolate almond milk).


 
1 Scoop Shakeology
1 Cup Strawberries (I had 9)
1 Cup Water
Ice


 
1 Scoop Shakeology
1 Packet Weight Watchers Greek Yogurt & Honey Smoothie
1 Cup Water
Ice

I'd never tried this smoothie mix before so I wasn't sure how it'd taste.  With this one I liked how I felt and tasted the honey flavor the whole time.


 
1 Scoop Shakeology
1 Cup Milk
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
Ice


Image Courtesy of Aduldej | FreeDigitalPhotos.net
 
1 Scoop Shakeology
2 Pineapple Rings (I used 3)
1 Cup Water
Ice
 
I was surprised to find that this tasted pretty good.  I'd never thought of mixing pineapple with chocolate.


 
1 Scoop Shakeology
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1-1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Milk
Ice
 
This was super thick and hard to drink.  It was also too much cinnamon for my liking.  I think it would be better to serve this as a pudding.


 
1 Scoop Shakeology
2 Tbsp PB2
1 Cup Water
Ice
 
I think this would be my favorite of the week.  Definitely easier mixing with PB2 than with the natural peanut butter.  It was almost like drinking Reese's!
 


When I finished every shake (except the Oatmeal Cookies) I filled my cup with water.  That way I got the remnants of the shake as well as getting in some of my water for the day.  I usually have the shake in a 24 oz Tervis tumbler.

Which flavor sounds the most interesting to you?

No comments :

Post a Comment