Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Freschetta Gluten Free Pizza

GotItFree

I was excited to be able to participate in the Freschetta Gluten Free Pizza BzzCampaign.  This would be my first known experience into the gluten free world.  I received my BzzKit and was really exited to try the pepperoni pizza since that's what we normally get at Little Caesar's.


When I got to my local Kroger I was bummed that they only had the 4 Cheese Medley.  I started to leave without picking up a pizza.  I got to the other end of the aisle and had Austin run back and go ahead and grab the cheese pizza.  Having a cheese pizza is like having a blank canvas to work with.  You can add whatever toppings you want!


Sunday night we decided to try the pizza.  Taking it out of the box it just looked like an ordinary thinner crust pizza.


Benny wanted just tomato, pepperoni, and onion on his half.  I used one whole onion and one Roma tomato over the whole pizza.  Then I added about 1/4 cup bell pepper to my half in between the tomato slices.  Finally I topped it with pepperoni.  I don't know how many I had on Benny's side but I made sure that I only had 14 (one serving) on my side LOL.


This was my first ever known gluten free meal.  It tasted great!  Not sure if it was the Freschetta pizza itself or the combination of everything but it was a lot sweeter than what I'm used to with frozen or fresh pizza.  Is this how gluten free tastes?  It wasn't as salty or greasy as Little Caesar's pizza either.  When we would purchase frozen pizza before and add toppings they would slide off.  Not so with the Freschetta.  The cheese oozed through and held down everything.  I really liked that I didn't have a mouthful of only toppings!

 

As you can see, adding the toppings to the Freschetta 4 Cheese Medley makes it about even with what I'm normally eating but it's still the healthier option since it has veggies.  I still would love to try the Freschetta Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza to see how it compares to what I made.  I'm sure it'll still have a great taste!  As with anything gluten free the price is higher than the same product with gluten (was $9.99 at Kroger) but I think it's still a comparable price with other frozen pizzas.

Would you buy a gluten free frozen pizza?  What toppings would you use?

No comments :

Post a Comment