Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I Can See 90 lbs

Image Courtesy of Idea go | Freedigitalphotos.net

Weighed in last night down another .8 lbs....puts a 90 lb total loss just over the horizon!

I've still been sticking to Jillian Michaels workouts.  This morning I did the 30 Day Shred Level 1 workout.  I could still feel it in my shoulders when I left for my walk!  I've tried others at the library but just can't get into them like I can with Jillian.  Have you tried any new workouts?

You've probably heard that Beachbody released a new program last week from Chalene Johnson - PiYo.  I wanted to get it right away but with our medical expenses up in the air Benny said it wasn't a good time.  Maybe with my birthday money or Christmas at the latest I'll be able to pick up one for myself.  In the mean time I'm running a challenge group starting next month...on Facebook or G+ depending on participants' preferences.  Here's the link for the event page on G+ https://plus.google.com/events/c4iel1889j03r2h8c26685lrmg4.  If you're on Facebook look for the event "PiYo Challenge" with this cover image


It's been too crazy at work so I haven't had a chance to schedule an appointment to see the doctor about the exercise induced neurocardiogenic syncope.  Kind of want Benny to come with me in case there are warning signs to look out for (and I might not necessarily notice) so he can hear it straight from the doctor.

We received the EOB from Benny's salivary endoscopy already....well at least some of them.  Our responsibility of the doctor's portion is $928, the surgery center's portion is $1182, and the pathology lab's portion is $23.  Not sure if we'll have a separate bill from the anesthesiologist or if that was included in the surgery center's costs.  Either way it didn't cost us nearly as much as we thought; we didn't max out his deductible.  The next challenge will be figuring out how we'll pay for it all.


As of Saturday my garden still looks critter free.  With this changing weather I haven't had to water much.  Looking out the window every day it appears the tomatoes are growing more but I can't tell much else from that distance.  How is your garden doing?

Last week I only walked to the farmer's market.  I picked up more broccoli and some Kickapoo cheese (inspired by the German Butterkäse Benny likes) from the Ludwig Farmstead Creamery.  Benny hasn't tried it though so I'm unsure if he likes this one.  On the way back I stopped at the tea shop that's closing and picked up a strainer to go with the loose leaf teas I purchased last time.  This afternoon I picked up some bell peppers and two different varieties of lettuce.


Linking up with
Weigh In Wednesday

Femme Fitale Fit Club

11 comments :

  1. Your garden looks amazing. I have a challenge starting July 14th as well. I hope you join us. You are on your way to winning! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  2. My garden is doing well in spite of all the rain we have been getting in Chicago. I made a dish two days ago using the veggies from my garden. Visiting from #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great job on the working out and gardening! You must be getting ready to have some amazing salads! :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done amazing! Keep up the great work! I've been thinking about getting PiYo but I don't really have a good way of playing a dvd in my living room without messing with wires every single time I want to use it. I think I may wait until it gets cold again.

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 90 lbs is amazing and you are amazing!! Congrats!! I love your garden : ) I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing job, keep it up!!! xo, jess @ www.dreamingofleaving.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. 90 pounds....wow! Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 90 pounds?! Awesome! I'm going to be in a PiYo challenge group in July as well. I can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's quite the progress...my congratulations! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! I'm stopping over from Let's Get Real today. I'm so impressed with your progress. I'm looking forward to celebrating 90 pounds with you. Your garden looks great. It will be so fun when everything starts coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cassi - Congratulations on your tremendous progress. Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real party.

    ReplyDelete