Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Hot Time in the City


I weighed in up 1.2 lbs last night while TOM creeps into the picture.

With Erin and Heather no longer hosting Weigh-In Wednesday I've stepped up to co-host with Winter. In doing so I must have something ready to share so you'll see the link up Wednesday morning. This first week I've typed up the entire post Tuesday night on my phone. Will see how I manage this every week.

Week of Workouts

FRIDAY was a Soulful Heart Opening yoga flow.
SATURDAY I did Burn Intervals and Extreme Abs. That was some awkward abs for me! I got confused a few times trying to figure out what they were doing. Hopefully this weekend I'll have a better hold on things.
SUNDAY was Burn It Off! & Recharge.
MONDAY was a Better than Coffee detoxifying yoga session.
TUESDAY I wrapped up week 7 with Push Circuit 3.

Today I'll begin week 8 with Push Circuit 2 and melt my way to the farmer's market. Tomorrow is the strawberry festival and I plan to pick up one of the shortcakes for Benny if the rain stays away.

Goodwill Haul

I wanted to get some summer clothes so I told Benny we were going to Goodwill's monthly 50% off sale Saturday.


I had totally forgotten that with their rewards card you get an additional 10% off. So I got 12 pieces of clothing, Benny got a painting by an obscure artist, Austin got a book cover to use for school in the fall, and donated my change....all for


Next Week

I won't be going to Weight Watchers Tuesday night. Instead Benny and I will be attending an event at MashCraft Brewing Company in Greenwood.

NatureFresh Farms, North America's largest bell pepper grower, is making a stop in Indy as part of their North American Agriculture Education Tour. We'll be touring their Greenhouse Education Center, learning how NatureFresh grows produce, sampling recipes prepared by culinary students, and experiencing MashCraft tapping their #GreenInTheCity317 limited edition brew made from NatureFresh bell peppers.  When I tried several varieties of beer during my beer & spirits management class I thought they were all sour. My taste buds have changed a lot since then so I'm curious if introducing bell peppers into the beer will change my opinion of it.

Have you ever had a beer made with a different ingredient in the mix?




Pretty Strong Medicine



Linking up with

10 comments :

  1. What there is a "better than coffee" yoga?! I need to check that out. Extreme abs sounds good for summer. HOpe you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a home brewer, so we try all kinds of interesting beers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, your week of workouts is way more intense than mine! Impressed! Hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I am so happy someone other than me shops at Goodwill. My coworkers are always shocked that I can get so much for so little, and I'm like--yes, even YOU can shop at goodwill, people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your workouts look awesome! Wow, I'm kinda jealous of your Goodwill haul; I go to ours fairly regularly (there are 3 in the area), but none of them have rewards cards or 50% off days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great workouts! Sorry about the gain but that's pretty normal, unfortunately. I always type my posts the night before, it doesn't seem possible to do it the morning of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to a Goodwill but I have gone to Plato's Closet - you can find a lot of gems there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally obsessed with shopping at goodwill! My tip is to hit the locations in the nicer parts of town. They tend to have LOTS of good things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a serious week of workouts Cassie. Keep inspiring and motivating us all with your determination and never give up-ness!

    Thanks for linking up with Fitness Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red dress is my favorite :) Great shopping!

    ReplyDelete