Monday, June 17, 2013

Weight Watchers & Tai Cheng Journey - Phase 2 Complete

Three months of Weight Watchers and six weeks down of Tai Cheng.  As of this week's weigh in I'm down 22 lbs since beginning this journey.  I've lost almost 10% of my previous self already!  It's the lightest I've been in more than 7 years.  No gain during my TOM this time around so I was happy.  This week's loss was the biggest so far - 4.2 lbs.  As far as inches lost, I've shrunk everywhere but my waist.

On Sunday Benny and I went to Goodwill to shop for bottoms (tops still have a way to go before I can get into a smaller size).  I had a whole cart full of pants, shorts, skorts, and capris to try on.  I was so hot from trying on all those bottoms!  Weight Watchers should have a points value for trying on clothes.  I've dropped from a size 22 to a size 18!  We bought everything that fit - 1 skort, 2 shorts, 1 tank, 1 pant, 2 capris, and 1 jean.

At Goodwill we even found an exercise bike for cheap.  I've played on the bike but no serious riding yet as I'm not sure what kind of routine to do with it.  All I know is that I don't have time to ride after Tai Cheng (before work) so it would have to be evenings or weekends only.  Please share any recommendations you have for routines on an exercise bike.

I've started incorporating more veggies into my diet.  Before I didn't even like the taste of bell peppers.  Now I have some with nearly every dinner.  I've started adding lettuce to my sandwiches.  Benny only likes iceberg; he says the others aren't white enough.  However, I taste the lettuce for hours after eating my sandwich.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Workout Weeks 4-6
Neural Reboot 2 is complete now.  With the pain it produced rolling my quads I'm kind of scared of what #3 entails.  Will I experience more pain or sweet relief?  The next three weeks I'll learn the final six moves and be on my way to becoming a Tai Cheng Master!  I kind of like that title.  I may add that to my profile when this is over.

DVDs 4-6
Doing Sequence 2 this week felt a little awkward to me.  Perhaps it's the residue from the painful foam rolling continuing to seep into the Tai Cheng moves.  Somehow I end up facing the TV every time while they're facing one side or another.  The moves flowed better by the end of the week so I stopped worrying about which way I was facing.  After all it's completing the moves not where you are that matters, right?

12 comments :

  1. Shopping for clothes after losing weight is always a good self esteem boost, shows you're on track!

    Not to mention, that by losing just 10% of your weight you already boosted your health significantly, lowering your risk for heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and so on....

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they had some kind of clothing exchange so you don't have to keep buying clothes as you shrink. That would make it all the better!

      Some of the clothes I just bought last week are already feeling loose on me. I'm not sure if I was just hot and bloated when I was trying them on or if I lost a lot more over the week. (Hoping for the latter.)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That is amazing progress. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I am so impressed. You are doing so well. You give me inspiration to make some changes in my life. I have lost 8 pounds so far with 15 more to go. :-)Susan Cooper Form LinkedIn BHB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to figure out how to make your yummy looking recipes healthier!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, that's an amazing accomplishment. If you're ever having a bad day, go to the grocery store and try picking up 22 pounds of butter, you'll be totally impressed with yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is astonished how our taste buds will change once we start to eat more veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly but surely. I have to find ways to sneak it in on myself since I'm the one cooking.

      Delete
  6. I have been trying to eat healthier, too. It's tough. I think you should be commended for your hard work! Congratulations on "gaining lightness"~ a more positive way to look at weight loss!

    Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete