|Image Courtesy of phanlop88 | FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
At the first glance, you may think what a wellness coach does is not much different from a conventional nutritionist or dietician, or a diet program. However, there are some subtle nuances that make our approach superior in terms of creating positive changes that last – instead of delivering a Band-Aid solution.
As a wellness coach:
- I work with the concept of bio-individuality. My approach is client-driven. Instead of getting a one-size-fits-all meal plan based on a cookie-cutter approach or one fad diet, I create customized plans for my clients based on their individual circumstances, lifestyle habits, health condition and other needs.
- Nutrition is generally approached as “whole foods”, instead of compartmentalizing them into individual nutrients such as calories, carbs, proteins, fats etc. Why? Because the synergistic relationship among these various components when they are ingested in the form of whole foods deliver much more benefits than when they are taken as individual nutrients.
- With the Brand New Me Wellness Coaching Programs, during which I work with my clients for at least a month in sessions that last 30-45 minutes, I am able to be with them every step of the way so that we are able to look into lifestyle choices and work on changing habits, resulting in meaningful and positive behavioral changes that last for a long time, delivering long-term health benefits.
- My coaching is goal-, action- and result-oriented. My approach focuses on implementation and integration, so that healthy changes are integrated into your life. We live in the age of information overload – you don’t need more information, you need to know which information to use and how to make them work for your life.
- Instead of treating the symptoms, I work with my clients to get to the underlying causes of their health concerns. We look at how issues such as stress, emotional distress, physical activities, lack of “soul nourishment” etc. affect our overall wellbeing. I help my clients cultivate the awareness to improve all areas of their lives.
- I support my clients to work with their body on healing itself so that they can eventually reduce the amount of medication that they rely on.
- Instead of forcing my clients to stick to some “plan” which does not work for them, I first listen to my clients’ needs and concerns, then work with them to get over blocks or resistance, making any behavioral changes they make stick.
I am Your Health Advocate
- A plan of ACTION that is realistic, practical and actionable
- GUIDANCE to implement changes that work with your lifestyle
- SUPPORT to course correct and stay on track
- ACCOUNTABILITY that leads to success that lasts a lifetime
|Image Courtesy of everydayplus | FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
What is Not Taking Action Costing You?
Chances are, if you invest in your health and wellness, you will recover your investment and more through savings in medications, doctor's visits, unnecessary supplements, fad diets, ineffective treatments, as well as increased productivities and fewer sick days.
Plus, who can put a price on more vitality, less stress, better relationships, and a happier existence?
To find out if wellness coaching is right for you, I invite you to schedule a free wellness strategy session during which we will discover how I can support you for a healthier, happier life.