Welcome everyone visiting from Kristy's Grow Your Blog Hop!
I always seem to blank on what to say about me (my over-analytical mind in action) so here are 9 facts that you may or may not know:
- I'm a mom of a teenage boy who will be starting high school in the fall. EEK!
- My ex-husband and I had an amicable divorce without using lawyers.
- My current husband is a native German who became a US Citizen in September 2013.
- Next month marks the beginning of my 3rd year on the journey to improve my overall health and wellness.
- I got started on this journey because of a diabetes prevention study in conjunction with Weight Watchers and have stuck with everything.
- My journey led me to discover my passion and purpose for living - to be a Wellness Coach and help those 40+ who are new to their own journeys or are returning after a long hiatus.
- My degree's in French (which I've forgotten since I never get to use it).
- I've always held an office job, except for the year or so I also worked at Office Depot.
- I'm currently studying for the Group Exercise Certification exam from NETA so that I can get their Wellness Coach certification by the end of June.
THURSDAY I did P90X3 Pilates X. I read Chapter 19 - Flexibility Programming.
FRIDAY I did X3 Yoga. I read Chapters 20-22 - Teaching Skills, Group Exercise Class Structure and Formats, and Injury Management & Emergency Response.
Benny told me thinks the certifications are a waste but it's OK to do them. I must've been so giddy over the weekend as he'd asked what was with me LOL. Now I no longer have to do this behind his back!
SATURDAY I did Dynamix, wrapping up P90X3.
MONDAY I did The Warrior for the first makeup workout. I read Chapter 23 - Medical Conditions & Special Populations. I'm stuck here on the exercise precautions and recommendations related to common medical conditions. How do I distinguish which are precautions vs. recommendations? I called NETA to get the approval for the test-only option for the GEX exam so now I just need to wait for whatever they send me to get that scheduled. The Comira testing center is at Ivy Tech and they just need a 24-hour notice to sign up.
YESTERDAY I did Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Split Sessions Upper Body workout. I had Austin's IEP conference in the morning. My ex wants to drop him from the program as he feels like Austin doesn't need it anymore. I went to the meeting (without my ex) with the intention of having a re-evaluation. Austin's only real remaining problem associated with his ADHD and IEP coverage is missing work (not just homework but in-class too which I wasn't aware of).
He's smart and does well on the tests (over course work and standardized testing) so we know Austin understands what he's learning but just doesn't turn in the work for some reason. Has anyone found a solution for their child that gets him/her to turn in assignments? We are going to try something different with the reduced support on his IEP - only checking in at the grade times (instead of weekly/biweekly). The special ed teacher will take an average of what he scores on assignments and do a side by side comparison to show Austin the possibilities if he completes all his work.
The principal explained to me that if it's deemed that he doesn't qualify or if we drop him from the program Austin's no longer protected by law for any incidents. This protection is found in the Indiana State Board of Education Special Education Rules, Title 511, Article 7, Rule 44 - Discipline Procedures. (I just received a copy of this document this morning so I haven't had a chance to read through it yet.) I told my ex about this and that we should keep Austin's IEP, just at the bare minimum.
TODAY I did MMX for the second makeup workout. I'll be reading Chapter 24 - Risk Management for Fitness Professionals - and perhaps the final chapter (25) - Documentation & Record Keeping.
So I will essentially have all of March to review everything and do the practical skills. Is anyone else taking a GEX certification exam in March? Even though we may be going through a different certifying organization the material has to be about the same. We could be study buddies!
Linking up with
Jill for Fitness Health & Happiness
Jebbica for Food & Fitness Friday