Friday's Famous in Five Challenge assignment was to pitch guest posts while Monday's was to pitch interviews. Both use the bullet points from Day 3 to address the responsible parties of the blogs and podcasts. Again the information is to be recorded in the spreadsheet provided
The Devil's in the Details
- Write out the specific details of the audience involved in the other blog/podcast.
- Decide on a specific aspect of your business that really interests said audience (the topic you're pitching).
- Select 3+ bullet points that relate to that topic, showing your authority.
- The same format can be used for both types of pitch emails; the interview one just doesn't involve a title suggestion.
- In the spreadsheet record the date the emails are sent as well as when you receive a response.
Below are blogs with a better Alexa rating than mine. They are the ones to which I'd like to pitch my first guest posts and interview.
- Cranky Fitness: This blog says they rarely have guest posts so it would be better to pitch an interview. Current Global Alexa rating is 300,078.
- Real Into: Carli's a fellow SITStah and Sverver so it was kind of embarrassing to not think of her LOL. Current Global Alexa rating is 251,552.
- CalmHealthySexy: I just found this blog today and it looks appealing. Current Global Alexa rating is 416,769.
Now it's on to figure out what topic I'm going to pitch to each. I'm so nervous about this challenge! Please feel free to leave any tips you have about pitching guest posts or interviews.