Welcome to The Long and Winding Road to Wellness all ye visitors from the Grow Your Blog Hop!
Not long after I published last week's post I received notification that I'm a Sweat Pink Ambassador! I'm excited to see where this takes me. I already ordered and received 40 #sweatpinklaces to give out for various special achievements over the holidays.
This also adds to the Fitfluential Ambassadorship.
5 Random Things About Me
Since there are new folks visiting as a part of the Hop I thought I'd try another 5 random things about me. It's been a while since I've done one of these so bear with me.
- It's only since starting on this journey that I discovered it's my dream job to be a Wellness Coach and run a Wellness Center. Finding the money to pay for the certification through NETA and getting my foot in the door somewhere without any formal experience and education is proving to be a mighty challenge.
- Growing up I used to be scared of the grates in the sidewalk downtown. I would do everything I could to avoid walking across them. For some reason I had this fear that I'd fall through. Some days it still bothers me but for the most part on my walks I go over them with no problems now.
- I used to regularly dye my hair an auburn color but wouldn't go full red. Can you imagine me as a redhead?
- I took ballet & tap in preschool. My uncoordinated self would be the one you'd often see going the opposite direction from everyone else. Grandma (mom's mom) still has a picture somewhere from a show where this actually happened.
- I've never been drunk. Buzzed but never fully loaded. Every time I tell people this there's always someone that says that they're going to get me drunk but never invite me anywhere to even try.
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
THURSDAY I got in more reps during Super Heroine Fitness Episode 3 Adventure 4 Circuit B than the last time despite being sweaty and lightheaded with my nose dripping.
SATURDAY I began the final week with Adventure 1. The first song that popped up on my Pandora was a perfect title for Halloween - Ghosts 'n' Stuff by Deadmou5. After eating lunch Austin and I headed to the library. Austin wore his costume (less the knife). Because it was Irvington's Halloween Festival we had to park about 3/4 mile away and walk in. After picking up our items we checked out the non-food booths but didn't see anything we wanted to buy. It was windy and sprinkled on us a couple of times while trick-or-treating that night. (I had to wear my jacket draped over my shoulders but Austin was hot.)
SUNDAY night I went to bed with the chest and back pain similar to what I've been experiencing during the early phase of a gallbladder attack. I took 4 acetaminophen and went to bed. The pain didn't increase but held steady throughout the night. I think I just dozed and never really slept. I was so sleepy I couldn't bring myself to even do some yoga Monday like I'd planned.
TUESDAY I did Adventure 2 sans sprints. This was for two reasons - I didn't feel like doing sprints of any kind and I took Benny to his first election. Sure, it was only the municipal but he needs to know how it works without the crowds.
How was your week?
Next Tuesday will be the last Super Heroine Fitness workout. I don't yet know what I'll be doing next. I'm considering designing my own program as I had to make many substitutions due to the lack of equipment or ability/comfort in doing some exercises. If you have a program that you recommend or something like a template to help me come up with something please be sure to leave a link in the comments.
I was excited to find out that our team is FINALLY offering a weight maintenance contest! If you're not already involved with Beachbody check out this little press release I wrote up about the contest. I'd love it if you'd join so we can maintain together.
Linking up with