Thank you to Debra Yearwood for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award! It took me a while to work through everything but I made it. It was easier for me to come up with the new questions than answering about myself.
The idea behind this award is to recognize new bloggers and help them get some buzz and promote their blogs. It's a sign of recognition and it can pretty much mean what you want it to mean.
If you've been nominated for the Liebster Award and accept it, you need to follow a few rules.
- Write a blog post about the Liebster Award.
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog and including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget.
- Answer the 11 questions about yourself provided by the person who nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform the bloggers who you've nominated for the Liebster Award - remember to give them a link to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Note that you can nominate someone who has been given this award already, as long as they have less than 1000 followers/subscribers.
My Answers to Debra's Questions
- What do you like best about blogging? I enjoy seeing the interaction with my readers. Sometimes they bring to light something I wasn't aware of or remind me of something I'd forgotten.
- What made you start blogging? I started blogging to vent my frustration with the doctors not being able to diagnose my problems. Then I started Weight Watchers and Tai Cheng so I blog to help keep myself accountable.
- What is the best thing you learned so far? It's hard to narrow it down to what's the best. Nearly every day I'm learning something new. It's kind of exciting!
- What is the hardest part of blogging? Putting my thoughts in writing. I may have notes but it can be a jumbled mess in my head.
- When do you write your posts? I start writing my weekly Tai Cheng updates Friday or Saturday and finish up Sunday or Monday.
- Where do you get your inspiration for blog posts? Right now it's easy with a "week-in-review" type post; no inspiration required.
- What is the best book/article you've read recently? The books I've read lately have been a little weird. I don't know which would be the best.
- What’s your favorite season? It would have to be the summer. I love being outdoors!
- What do you like to do with your free time? Reading, gardening, playing online and offline games, entering contests, crafting, watching movies.
- What makes you smile? I'm almost always smiling so it's hard to pinpoint anything in particular.
- Coffee or tea? Definitely tea....I can't stand the smell or taste of anything coffee related!
- I love cooking but have no concept of how long it takes for anything. My husband is always asking me how long it'll be until dinner is done but I can't give an answer!
- My degree is in French but I also took a little Japanese and Spanish. I've forgotten most of all the languages.
- I still like dressing up for Halloween. Last year I made my costume based on the library's summer reading program - Steampunk. My son was sick and didn't get to go trick-or-treating so I didn't really get to show it off.
- I've had my favorite quote since high school French class. "L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince.
- My absolute favorite candy is White Chocolate Reese's. You freeze them and eat....it's like manna from heaven! They're hard to find any more and probably off the table since I'm on Weight Watchers.
- When I was little I told my mom I wanted to stay out in the sun so I could be as dark as she is. How long would that take? LOL
- When I went to Disney World I enjoyed sitting and listening to all the languages around me more than the rides or anything else.
- I never learned how to ride a bike. I remember falling off several times and skinning my knees. Dad says it was only once.
- My favorite color is royal/cobalt blue. If I could I'd have everything in my house some shade of blue.
- I've never been drunk. Buzzed yes, drunk no.
- My dream car would be a Ford Fusion. I think this even is the exact color! (Continuing the blue trend.)
- Angenita Williams-Childs & Delina Hill-Brooker @ Lioness Vizions
- Sarah Scharbrough-McLaughlin @ The Table
- Britton @ My Big, Beautiful, Life...and Everything In Between
- Adrienn Hunt @ This Uncomplicated Journey
- Mary Slagel @ Shape Daily
- Shana Norris @ Shana Norris
- Adrienne Jones @ citygirl
My Questions for the Nominees
- What is something that you wish you learned how to do growing up?
- What are five words your closest friends would use to describe you?
- What is your favorite meal to make or eat?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Can you speak another language? If so, what? (This would include sign language but not Pig Latin.)
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What are your favorite books or blogs?
- What do you hope to accomplish by the end of the year?
- What's your favorite quote or passage?
- Do you still dress up for Halloween?
- Have you learned anything about yourself since you started blogging? If so, what?