When I was cooking dinner Saturday night I came across this recipe on the back of the pasta box. Not sure why it caught my eye this time. Perhaps the random picking up of spinach at Aldi's triggered it. I didn't have and/or use some of the ingredients so I decided to modify the recipe into something I could make. Thus Chicken Penne a la Cassi was born (thanks Shaina for the name idea).
8 oz Penne Rigate, Cooked
2 Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cups Fresh Spinach
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic (approximate)
1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
Crumbled Feta (as desired)
2. Cook the chicken until the pink is gone, stirring and flipping the pieces over.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan, leaving the juices in the pan.
4. Add spinach and garlic to the pan, sauteing until spinach is wilted. Add vinegar and continue cooking.
5. Add tomatoes and cook until they are hot.
6. Add penne and chicken to the pan and gently toss to combine.
7. Sprinkle each serving with crumbled feta.
How would you change up this recipe?